Sunday, May 07, 2006

Something to think about !


A couple of days ago , I went to see " Mission Impossible III " with my friend Nessa . I have to say that i liked the film . It was full of action , something that I already expected since .....it's " Mission Imposssible " . But after seeing the film , I just could not help of thinking about the extraordinary amount of money that film might have cost . Premiere Magazine says that the film cost 135 millions dolars ( and that amount wasn't the first one to be agreed by Paramount Pictures - 150 million dolars was how much the film would've cost , if Tom Cruise had not done a fool out of himself on Oprah ! ) . I know that for as long as we can remember , there have been loads and loads of films that costed much more to make than " MI:III" . But I just can't stop thinking that such values are obscene. People are dying , not only in Africa but also in some parts of Latin America , Europe and Asia , and Hollywood ( apparently ) does not care . However , we can argue that some movies were just too expensive to make , and that sometimes that money should had been more well spent , but we like big films . It's something that we have become accostumed to . Unfortunately .
P.S : I know that my english is basically a piece of crap , but my keyboard doesn't allowe me to write in portuguese .
Lisboa , Avenida da Liberdade

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

ainda com problemas no teclado? tá difícil...
infelizmente é verdade, enquanto milhões de pessoas morrem no mundo há quem ande a fazer filmes de milhões de dólares, mas depois há pessoas q como, nós vão gastar ainda mais dinheiro a ver esses mesmos filmes! triste sina...